XForce Comet System
- Intel Ten Core, 12600K Processor boosting as high as 4.9GHz
- Can display X-Plane, MSFS X, Prepar3d, or other games on one to four screens
- VR (Virtual Reality) Ready
- NEW - Fast USB 3.2
- 32 Gigabytes of DDR-4 3200MHz RAM (supports up to 128GB)
- 1 Terabyte NVMe Solid State Hard Drive at 3000MB/s (SSD)
- Nvidia RTX 3070 Ti with 8GB GDDR6X
- 750 Watt Gold-Rated Power Supply
- 802.11AX Wireless-AX (WIFI-6)
- 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet Port
- Dual M.2 Ports on Motherboard for adding a second high-speed SSD
- Multiple USB 2.0, 3.0, and 3.2 ports
- Also one USB Type-C™ port
- Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
- Windows 10 or 11
- One Year Warranty
- Dimensions 19in Deep x 18.3in High x 8.3in Wide
- Supports up to four displays
- XForcePC, the PC system used by Austin, the creator of X-Plane.
- Detailed instructions on implementing a triple display setup with X-Plane
- Will also do a great job running MS FS 2020 at High Settings
Be sure to scroll down to the bottom to see the videos about this system!
Our Comet PC meets or exceeds all of the recommended system requires for X-Plane 11 and 12. The new Comet System is based around Nvidia's new 30-series GPUs as well as Intel's new Alder Lake CPUs.
Intel's Alder Lake CPUs are the 12th generation, so all of the chips start with "12". The i5-12400, i5-12600K, and i7-12700K are a few examples. Alder Lake represents an incremental performance boost over the 11th generation chips. Depending on the workload, they can be about the same performance or up to 20% faster. In most cases, you are looking at around 10%.
These new chips use a combination of Performance cores (called "P" cores) and Efficiency cores (called "E" cores). Depending on the chip, you get more of these cores. The 12600K has 6 P cores and 4 E cores. The 12700K has 8 P cores and 4 E cores. Finally, the 12900 has 8 P cores and 8 E cores.
The RTX video cards support new technologies like GDDR6 memory, Ray Tracing, and DLSS. Ray tracing is an all-new way of handling light. It is much more advanced and lifelike way to produce amazing lighting effects. DLSS is a new way of handling Anti-Aliasing, which is twice as efficient as Temporal Anti-Aliasing (TAA). Anti-Aliasing helps to rid you game or simulator of jagged lines. Note: These new features are not available in all games.
The system is VR-Ready. So, if you decide to go for the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive VR Headset, you'll have all of the power you need.
Mass storage is typically the bottleneck in just about every system. So, how do we reduce this bottleneck? We do this by providing an SSD now as standard. That means Windows will load in seconds, not minutes. Anything that is disk-intensive will be much faster as SSDs are so much faster than regular hard drives. Also, SSDs rarely fail. So, your data is safer on an SSD. We use a high-speed Nvme SSD, which is faster than the typical SATA SSDs found in a lot of systems.
The system supports one to four displays. With four, you can have wide forward view with three of the monitors, and use the fourth for your instruments. We have instructional videos on how to do all of this. Just let us know when you order and we'll send you the how-to videos.